Amsterdam has a wide variety of nightclubs and bars. For concerts or a night out dancing try the following clubs.
Lovely medium sized nightclub in old church, great atmosphere. Concerts and club nights. Due to several levels (stairs, balconies) you always have a good view during concerts. After a concert you can stay inside for free for the club night that follows. The type of music and crowd really depend on what’s on that night.
They have a second location in northern Amsterdam in Tolhuistuin (north).
A bit similar to Paradiso, but a less beautiful building from the inside.
OT301 (south / west)
Squatter style, live performances and deejays, gayfriendly. Crowd depends on what type of party is on that night.
Amsterdam Roest (center / east)
A bar in an old industrial building that often features parties.
Other clubs / parties to try
- De School (far west), cool urban nightclub in a former schoolbuilding
- Jimmy Woo (center), popular nightclub
- Tolhuistuin, Paradiso’s little sister
- Bar Prik (center) – gay / lesbian
- The Waterhole (center) – live bands 7 nights a week
- De Nieuwe Anita (west) – squatter style bar, mellow vibe, early closing times
- Maloe Melo (center) – live rock bands, open late, watch out for coat thieves though!
- Pllek (north) sometimes has deejays that play music for a somewhat older crowd, or live performances.
- Noorderlicht (north) sometimes has live bands playing.
- Studio/K (east) has parties and sometimes live bands.
- Camping Zeeburg (far east) sometimes has live performances by passing nomads.
- Check out the flyers in shops like Episode (Waterlooplein), in bars and hip hairdresser shops.
- Use the smartphone app called 2days.
- See iamsterdam.com > What’s On and Clubbing & nightlife.
>> Back to Amsterdam tips main page…