Planes, trains and automobiles. And some boats. From 3 to 26 May 2019 I did a 3.5 week trip to Croatia (16 nights), Venice Italy (1 night), Munich Germany (5 nights), Nijmegen Netherlands (1 night), meeting up with multiple friends along the way.
(Photo above: Krka national park.)
More details, tips and photos:
- (Flew to) Split, cute seaside town with lots of history packed into a small inner city palace area.
Rented a car to visit the following places.
- Rainy daytrip to Trogir, another historical seaside town.
- Krka national park and its beautiful waterfalls.
- Zadar, picturesque and a bit posh walled city with ‘sea organ’.
- Daytrip to sleepy Pag island and its moonscapes.
- Plitvice lakes and multiple waterfalls.
- Zagreb, pleasant medium sized city offering lots of quirky museums to escape huge amounts of horizontal rain.
- Pazin, sleepy village with beautiful gorge and caves.
- Poreč, touristy but pleasant seaside town with dolphin trips.
- Daytrip to beautiful Rovinj draped over a hill.
- Dropped off rental car and took boat from Poreč to Venice.
- Train through the Alps from Venice to Munich, for museums, cafes, beer gardens, surfers in the center, and an alpine hike.
- Train from Munich to Nijmegen for a party.
Click on the names above to see more.