2nd – 13rd October 2014
A lovely 10 day autumn road trip in my 25 year old Mazda.
Stopped for lunch in medieval hansa town Zutphen.
- Spent 1 night along the way in posh old Bad Pyrmont (not only the town was old but the visitors were also 80+!). Went to the big spa there.
- Stopped in Hameln for a quick visit to this beautiful medieval rat catcher town and hansa town.
- Then on to the Harz mountain area. 8 nights in beautiful medieval Quedlinburg, UNESCO world heritage.
- From there I did a beautiful foresty mountain hike to Hexentanzplatz (witches’ dance place), and visited the DDR Museum (GDR Museum) in Thale.
- Spent a day exploring Quedlinburg.
- Visited impressive Wernigerode castle.
- Spent yet more time in Quedlinburg.
- Did another hike on a rocky mountain ridge called Teufelsmauer, the devil’s wall.
- Went to a flea market on my last full day.
Start reading my blog entries from here onwards, and click ‘Next’ at the bottom of each entry.